Dynamic Simulation Environment
The Dynamic Simulation Environment (DSE) was originally developed under contract to Northrop Grumman to enhance visualizations for their computer simulations of their design of the TSAT network for the Department of Defense. DSE provides a simulation modeling environment which links custom code and/or COTS simulations with a graphical visualization and dynamic control environment.
The figure above illustrates the data transmissions across a satellite network. The sliders show on the left allow users to interactively control the simulation. The abstract graphics provide a visualization of the various elements.
- The roadway represents transponder bandwidth
- The blocks represent channels
- The width of the blocks represent channel bandwidth
- The speed of the blocks moving up the roadway indicates relative data rate
- The spacing between blocks represents latency
- The color of the blocks represent the type of data being transmitted
- True 3d visualizations (e.g. spacecraft, earth, planets)
- Abstract visualizations
- Communication roadway simulations
- Orbit traces
- Map visualizations
- Histograms of pertinent parameters