- RKF Engineering Solutions, LLC which was formally established in 2003, evolved from Rubin, Bednarek and Associates, which was founded in 1983. In 1984 it played a major role in the design and implementation of an entirely new satellite system for PanAmSat, where it was responsible for the design, development, launch, and operation of the first 10 PanAmSat satellites. The company was also responsible for integrating the Galaxy Satellite System into PanAmSat, which created the largest global satellite operator at that time.
- Throughout the years of its existence RKF has been heavily involved in FCC and ITU regulatory activities. RKF personnel have attended WRC meetings since the late 1960’s and have contributed technical papers and have been active participants in many ITU committee meetings in all satellite communication areas (BSS, FSS and MSS). RKF has prepared satellite applications for the FCC, participated in satellite coordinations, and worked towards improved spectrum efficiency by adding new services to various frequency bands.
- Since 2003 RKF has expanded its system engineering services, designing many of today’s communication networks. RKF recent efforts include but are not limited to:
- Using optimization software to develop the top level designs for the DirecTV 10 & 11 satellites to provide High Definition Television to over a hundred local markets across the US
- Supporting Department of Defense (DoD) Stratcom, in the development of one of the first hosted payload programs when it had the major design role in IRIS, the Internet Router in Space hosted on Intelsat 14
- Providing technical oversight of DARPA’s F6 program for clustered satellite network operation
- Performing technical due diligence for systems including but not limited to: Wild Blue, Disney, 03B, Turner, Protostar, Intelsat, and SkyTerra
- Serving as the technical leads for the Terrestar Network; providing technical oversight in support of their ground based beam forming, handset, satellite base station, and the satellite. Terrestar developed the first mobile phone that works equally well over terrestrial and satellite network
- With an eye toward the future, RKF is currently designing the next generation of satellite and terrestrial communication networks. With a long history of exemplary service to our customers, we look forward to solving tomorrow's toughest engineering problems.